CG hay net XL close-meshed (incl. exclusively protected opening and closing system)
Close-meshed fodder saving net
These are 5mm thick knotless PPM quality nets which are specially manufactured for our purposes.
They also offer the following features:
- Net dimensions: 2m wide, 1m high
- can be filled with approx. 22 kg within seconds!
- Many horse owners who initially wanted to use our nets in the pasture sell their paddock racks because all the properties of the racks are optimised by the hay nets. (especially less consumption and longer eating time)
- save approx. 30 % hay, because wind, urine are no longer an issue
- some horses no longer cough because all the dust falls out of the hay when it is plucked out and the hay is thus constantly cleaned. Many horse owners therefore no longer moisten the hay.
- Indicator of whether pasture is still sufficient for the herd to feed the horses.
- Eating from a horse-friendly head-down position
- 4 attachment points allow feeding from a net that offers resistance and does not flap back and forth.
- optimal feeding time due to optimised mesh size of 60mm, all other mesh sizes have proven to be useless in practice
- mobile use (paddock, pasture, trail ride)
- easy to attach between stable beams, trees or pasture poles
- suitable for herds, stable and safe
- Promotes social contacts in the herd
Of course, the price for the hay net XL includes the protected restraint and locking system. We also supply 4 strings made of the same material as the hay nets free of charge, so that you can attach the hay net indirectly to a hanger. This will significantly increase the durability of your nets. There is no easier and faster way to fill hay nets. A qualitative complete set at a favourable price!
As hoof healers we know about the massive damage caused by any kind of shoeing. That is why we have developed and tested our hay nets exclusively for natural, i.e. unshod horses. The use of the hay nets on shod horses is therefore at your own risk!
Hay saving net, fodder saving nets, hay sausage, hay rack, close-meshed nets - all these terms are in common use.
Safety advice and disclaimer:
Use hay nets at your own risk, especially if hooves are smaller in diameter than the mesh of the nets. Any hoof damage is detrimental to the horse. Therefore, the hay nets have been developed and tested for barefoot horses only. We advise against the use of the nets by unnaturally kept, i.e. shod horses - any liability is excluded here.